31 May 2018
Application deadline: 28 June 2018
Emerging Market Economist
Absolute Strategy Research
Salary range : £100k-£120K, The City of London
Absolute Strategy Research is one of Europe’s leading independent strategy and economics providers. Proudly top-ranked independent macro research provider in Extel for each of the last nine years, and the top-rated independent provider across all research for the last three years.
Absolute Strategy Research’s coverage extends across three global macro pillars: Equity Strategy,
Multi-Asset Strategy, and Economics. We are now looking to recruit an Emerging Market Economist to join our Global Economics Team, reporting to the Head of Economics.
About the Position
We would like to invite applications from experienced candidates, who possess excellent academic qualifications, strong analytical and communications skills, and a willingness to challenge consensus thinking. The successful candidate will be expected to establish Absolute Strategy Research as a leading provider of emerging-market macrostrategy research.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Write timely, insightful and thought-provoking macrostrategy research.
- Establish and develop a research offering to Absolute Strategy Research’s client base with a focus on emerging market economies, particularly China.
- Consult with external clients, presenting research findings and provide related investment advice.
- Establish and develop relationships with both existing and potential clients in order to generate additional revenues for Absolute Strategy Research
- Help build the company’s external profile in the media and in the investment community.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience with specialist knowledge of the Chinese economy. The position is based in the City of London, but a willingness to travel is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree candidate with post-graduate level degree in economics or a closely-related subject.
- At least 10 years of experience working in macroeconomic research or a similar area.
- Specialist knowledge of emerging market economies, particularly China.
- Experience of analysing and forecasting important economic trends.
- An advanced understanding of how macroeconomic developments relate to financial markets and experience of converting macroeconomic views into investment advice.
- Strong communication skills, both in written work and oral presentations.Prior experience of presenting ideas to investment professionals is essential.
- Experience of working in sell-side research and establishing relationships with buy-side clients will be looked on favourably, especially if supported by rankings in the Extel Survey or Institutional Investor surveys.
- An ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team is vital.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidates can apply by submitting their CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications Thursday 28 June 2018. We are unable to accept any applications received after the closing date. Successful candidates will be contacted by Friday 29 June 2018.
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 2 July.